RE: Holed SRSG disc ..was First light at 4500VA Solid State Switc hes

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

Sooo...  I suppose we are stuck with our SRSG woes until we can easily
afford a laser powered pulsed preionizer or the semiconductor companies
come up with a solid state device that can withstand up to 100KV hold off
potentials which can operate at 5000 KHz.

worked on a
cathode modulator for a TWT which was purely a solid state device.  Was
capable of switching
150kV, 2A RMS current, and PRF's of up to 6-7 kHz.

there has got to be an affordable answer somewhere........

can be made for
under $500.00 to accomodate very large systems (>25kW)

Scot D