Re: MMC caps

Hi,

DigiKey 10MH-ND are very popular for MMC bleed resistors.

http://rocky.digikey-dot-com/scripts/ProductInfo.dll?Site=US&V=13&M=CFR-50JB-10M

Don't run them over 2000 volts peak and watch the power rating.  They are
also very cheap ;-)  I would just put two in series across each of the Geek
Group's caps and you will be fine.  Be sure to keep the resistor bodies
away from the cap bodies since the thin film on the caps can arc through to
the resistor if it happens to be the opposite potential.  More info at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MMCInfo/mmcinfo.htm

Be sure to check the "tips" section.

The Tesla list Archive is at:

www.pupman-dot-com

http://www.pupman-dot-com/htsearch.html

It has a Google search engine which works once in awhile ;-))  A pure
keyword search would probably be better since Google is a "popularity"
search rather than a "hard key" search.  But the more the Google search is
used the better it gets...

Cheers,

         Terry