setting up a SRSG the easy way...

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Hi All...

been messing around with my SRSG ( due to the set screw coming loose) and
wanted to reset the timing on it...

what I did was rotate the SRSG's disc to line up with the static gap posts
and set the variac to 0 volts. Keeping the SRSG  motor off, I slowly
increased the voltage untill I got a spark to jump the gap. I then reduced
the voltage a bit untill I was getting sporadic jumps. Next I turned on the
SRSG motor and carefully rotated the motor in its cradle ( I used a stick
to push the motor around)  untill I was getting sparks across the gap
again. It is very sensitive at the lowered voltage setting  a mere 5
degrees of motor rotation was enuf to have or not have spark.   Next step
was to turn the voltage up to "normal" running power....   WALA ...  the
SRSG is set to nearly maximum peak sine wave ....

sure beats the heck out of using strobes and flourescent lites....

Scot D