RE: pig power control

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

Here some info for starters:

1.  Very large variac or stacked variac (PowerStat 1256D 240VAC, 28A are
good for smaller pole transformers)

2.  MAINS Contactor for output enable

3.  Separate contactor for E-STOP, Interlock, Key Safety Switch which powers
MAIN contactor

4.  Fusing / Circuit Breakers (to protect the wiring and prevent fires)

5.  Analog voltage / current meters (old analog simpsons work great)

6.  External E-STOP circuit.  So in the result of serious injury, someone
entering the room or area can safely turn off
power from a distance.  This switch should be easily visible and labeled.

Remember, the controller isn't a trivial thing.  Always remember safety is
number one concern here.

I need information on controling a pig?   if I was to get my hands on a
PIG  how would I construct a controller for it?