Re: MOSFET oscillators

Original poster: "Gregory Peters by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <s371034-at-student.uq.edu.au>

Jan,

 > Hmm, interesting idea... :) You probably just have to place an
 > additional
 > series resistor, 1kOhm? or less, between the mosfet gate
 > (ex-NPN-base) and
 > feedback winding, and a beefy 15V zener between gate and
 > source, pointing
 > towards the gate.

This is exactly what I suspected, but it seemed so simple it wouldn't
work. I thought there had to be some reason people hadn't tried it. I
would love to try this method to make a "regular" air core SSTC, with
many FETs in parallel and 600v input (1.2kV fets). This would
essentially have the same topology as a VTTC, using a feedback
winding. What do you think?

Cheers,

Greg.