Re: making a 4pack mot

Original poster: "tesla by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>

OIL in The 4 Pack

I can't be certain but I think oil is a very good investment. I've always
used it so I can't be sure what would occur if not used. My reason for
comment is the size of the arcs in my safety gap. My safety fires at 10mm
with 6MOT's. With some values of Cp and MOT combinations it is clear that
the secondary voltages can be much bigger than xfrmr volts alone.

It need not be too difficult to make oil container. Standard 6" PVC downpipe
and end stops make good containers. These days plastic shops also sell a
cheap range of candidate containers.

Good luck
Ted in NZ