Re: Rotary gap for (severely!) current-limited DC supply?

Original poster: "robert heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Yes!  The fact that your supply is low power makes the choke even more
important since you have no power to waste. Size may be your constraint so
you may use high voltage wire and a ferrite core. An air core coil of house
wire is not expensive and fairly small when compaired to a pole pig. Your
small TC will not burn things out, but you are looking for max output you
can get with a low power source so you must do your best to conserve power.
    Robert  H    P.S. save space in your trash can and spare 1N4007 diodes.