Re: Research paper on TCs -Ideas?

OK.. it's an English class assignment, so filling the paper with
mathematical derivations isn't going to win points.. But, perhaps you could
look at something along the lines of Tesla coils going from laboratory
curiosity, to potential wireless power transmission, to laboratory/hobby
curiosity, but with the interesting twist of some professional use.  You
could also "compare and contrast" this aspect of coils to other technology
developed in the 19th century, citing appropriate examples gleaned from
research.

Another alternative.. Were Tesla's experiments with high frequency and high
voltage, exemplified by the tesla coil, and the demonstrations thereof at
lectures and exhibitions, an essential adjunct to the eventual acceptance
of AC for power distribution.  That is, while coils may not not necessarily
be useful per se, coils provided an essential "advertising show" for
getting interest and eventual acceptance of AC for power
distribution.  Would Westinghouse have ever talked to Tesla, if Tesla
hadn't been a "showman"?

Can you show how the tesla coil was an example of the "brave new world" of
technology in the Industrial Revolution, and how the inherent social
conflicts of the Industrial revolution even had effects in literature and
art. Jules Verne was a bit earlier than Tesla, and you probably don't want
to bring in Upton Sinclair, but, you get the idea.