Re: DC coil

Original poster: "charles rakes by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <cdrakes-at-ipa-dot-net>

I'll try and make a drawing of the two TC circuits that I used.
NST Sec.
0------------->|-->|--------|
0                 diode string      |
gap
0-----gnd.
|----------------------------||||||||-------o
0                                         |                     ___|___
0               diode string        |                     ______     cap
o pri coil
0------------>|-->|---------|
|---------------------o
                                                                    gnd

                         Full wave bridge
0----------------|---->|---->|----|
0                        |                        |
gap
0----gnd            |
|------------|--------------|||||||||--------o
0                        |                        |                   |
0------|---------)---->|---->----|           ____|____
o  pri
            |             |                                    _________
cap                         o
            |              |-----|<---|<----|                   |

|-------------|---------------------------o

Boy, I hope the two drawings will do.  The top circuit works great with 21
inch streamers, however the bottom circuit does not perform at all.  The
only thing different between the two circuits is one used a full wave
rectifier circuit with the transformer's center tap as gnd giving about 1/2
have of the output voltage that the second circuit produces.....the bottom
circuit only change is to a full wave bridge circuit.  Must be a simple
explanation....but I've not found it.  Any clues?  Thanks once again.
Charles
Orinal Message -----