Re: Streamer records

Hi Steve,

I think the last time we took account of longest streamers, Bill Wysock's
Model 13M at like 59 feet is the all time record holder by a considerable
margin.  Greg Leyh has "plans" for a bigger one (300 foot 5MW arcs!!), but
no sparks yet.

http://www.ttr-dot-com/model13m.html

http://www.lod-dot-org/alf.html

I have heard of a lot of "claims" and "sketchy" info about Golka's coil but
I don't know is "actual" (not the "fish story" :o)) arc length.  I have
talked to some people that "saw it" and the arc lengths are stated anywhere
from 30 to 150 feet :o))  All that really seems true is the Wysock's coil
has further proven arc lengths by a good margin.  However, it does appear
Golka had about a megawatt of power available.  I would give Golka the
award for one of the most odd and truly "frightening" Tesla coils ever
made!!  Maybe someone out there knows the "true" arc length it produced?

http://home1.gte-dot-net/res07cmo/hv/Golka/golka.htm

The Electrum is in the 35 foot range if I remember right.

http://www.lod-dot-org/electrum/electrumfull.jpg

The numbers here are just pulled from memory, so forgive ;-))

Cheers,

         Terry