Re: Are any of these caps good for a 15/30 nst?

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

NOPE!

Sorry, they are mylar which is no good.  I have tried these caps, and they
suck when they work, and when they work they are soon to die!  They will
not withstand that much voltage.  Im speaking about the green ones rated
16kv and 4700pf.  But i would not buy any of them.  I do use the 470pf 20kv
doorknobs he sells on my VTTC, but you would need tons of them to get a
decent cap for that coil.  So better look aroung some more.  Geeze i wish I
were here to tell me not to buy those caps about 2 months ago.  What a
waste of money!  LOL.

Steve Ward.