Re: doubler caps

Original poster: "robert heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Steve: design your cap to withstand no less than 3x your input Pk voltage
and your diodes to withstand 4x your Max current. keep in mind the voltage
on any component is Pk in 1/2 cycle and -Pk in the reverse cycle giving
double the voltage across the component average over time. This is true of
any multiplier weather it doubles or is 8x the component is 2x the input at
any given time. The 1N4007 diode is a good rectifier as long as you don't
push it to close to its limits. Avoid using it for fast recovery
applications, it dosent do well at high speed.
      Robert  H