RE: Anyone at MIT or Mass?

Original poster: "Charles Brush by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <cfbrush-at-interport-dot-net>

>""That would kick. I think we should get one together. I can almost
>guarentee I can get space at MIT to do it. Possibly even some prime
>space in front of the auditorium or on the main field. ""

Have any of you Boston area people checked out the science museum's
electric show?  It is fantastic.  They have the worlds largest air
insulated Van De Graaff generator that has belts that reach down into the
basement.  It produces huge, blinding bolts, that have a really deep tone
to them.  They also have a goodly sized Jacob's Ladder, a small tube Tesla
coil, and a pair of 48" diameter Tesla coils.  They do a whole routine with
the narrator in an elevated cage being struck by the Van De Graff, and they
talk about Tesla a bit.  The first time we saw the show the big coils were
only run for a couple of short blasts (scared the heck out of a few
people!).  However they changed things the last time I saw it, and at the
end they turned everything on at once for a decent amount of
time.  Absolutely incredible seeing the huge Van De Graaff tossing out
thunderous bolts, the Jacob's ladder running, and the two big coils
switching back and forth producing some pretty good arcs.  Definitely worth
a visit if you are in the area.  Here is a link with a lot of fascinating
info on it all and some good images:

http://www.mos-dot-org/sln/toe/

Zap!

Charles Brush