Re: homebrew MMCs

Hi Godfrey,

On 30 May 2002, at 20:50, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

> After reading a posting about the geek bucket, I began wondering why no one
> has looked into homebrew MMCs. I'm assuming that the lack of high tech
> materials is the barrier. Certainly an MMC can be dissected to analyze the
> arrangement of materials. Still it seems like a version using low tech
> materials might be possible.

How do you mean - homebrew MMCs? Do you mean the capacitors
themselves? I have six homebrewed MMCs made from commercial small PP
caps. I wouldn't bother rolling caps again except to make for Marx
banks - it is just too much trouble.

Regards,
malcolm