Re: Does a "regulating" coil really waste energy?

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

> Please correct me if I'm mistaken - I thought that the secondary Q was
> unimportant since streamer "losses" drive the Q into the dirt, but that
> maximizing primary Q was still desirable?
>
> Gary Lau
> MA, USA

	Don't think it makes any difference if it's high enough that the
inductor and/or capacitor doesn't get hot.  I've run simulations with
different primary and secondary Q's and if the Q of the primary
(including loss for the gap, which I guessed at) is over 20 there is no
noticeable difference in the peak secondary voltage.

Ed