RE: Wet Coils

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

As another experiment, you might try leaving your meter hooked up to some
inductor at a constant temperature overnight and note the change in reading
as the battery gradually runs down, or as the *meter* changes temperature.

Gary Lau
MA, USA

Original poster: "David Thomson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<dave-at-volantis-dot-org>

I left the wet towel on the coil all night.  This morning the inductance is
4.59mH.  My estimate previously of the 10 to 90 nanohenry drift should have
been 1 to 9 nanohenry.  The total drift after 10 hours with a wet towel is
about 20 nanohenry.