Re: depotting

Original poster: "jimmy hynes by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <chunkyboy86-at-yahoo-dot-com>

 i tried using melthene cloride and it didnt really
work, so im going to try using a dmm to find the
primary. but there are 11 pins and 3 wires going in!
where do i start? there are 9 pins in a U shape and
two more on the side,and there is a red and a green
wire going into the base and a wire coming out the top
with a suctioncup. i know the suction cup one i hv but
im confused about the rest. can any one tell me where
to start?
> Original poster: "rob by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rob-at-pythonemproject-dot-com>
>
> Tesla list wrote:
> >
> > Original poster: "rheidlebaugh by way of Terry
> Fritz
> <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-zialink-dot-com>
> >
> > Jimmy: not all potting can be removed with
> solvent. Those that can are
> > usualy soften with Methylene chloride or methyl
> ethyl ketone.
> >    Robert  H
> >
> > > From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
> > > Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 19:10:07 -0600
> > > To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> > > Subject: depotting
> > >
> > > Original poster: "jimmy hynes by way of Terry
> Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> > > <chunkyboy86-at-yahoo-dot-com>
> > >

> > > i have a flyback  transformer from an old
> monitor but
> > > i cant see the windings because it is potted.
> what
> > > kinds of solvents are usually used?
> > >
> > > =====
> > > JImmy
> > >

> Why do you need to see the windings?  Am I missing
> something here.  I
> use a multimeter.  Rob.
>
> ps.  generally the first thing I do with a flyback
> is to beef up the
> insulation with Silcone RTV.  The electrical or
> marine grade which
> doesn't contain acetic acid.
>

> --
> The Numeric Python EM Project