first light pics

Original poster: "Thad Howard by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <thoward-at-nhm-dot-org>

greeting group,

I finished my first coil and what a thrill it was to fire it up.  I was
totally surprised when it worked.  these pics are from an hours worth of
digital video.

coil specs:

Power supply V and I:  sorry I don't know, but I am reconfiguring this
and will determine the parameters.  It is composed of 4 ge
9T68Y5021G10's in series-parallel.

Capacitor:  .054 mfd. Geek Group caps, 11 in series, 4 parallel sets.

Spark gap:  120 bpm triggered spark gap

Arcs from each "ear" were about 2.5 feet long.

safe coiling,

Thad Howard

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/sparks.jpg

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/spark%20gap.jpg