Re: Secondary structure

Original poster: "David Speck by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Dave-at-DavidSpeckMD-dot-org>

Dan,

I assume that you are referring to a metal threaded rod.

If so, this would not be recommended -- it would cause significant
losses due to eddy currents, and might be a path for internal arcing.

I'd suggest checking out the local farm supply store where you can find
3/8" x 48" pieces of white glass / epoxy rods intended for electric
fence posts.  They're about $0.75 each, non conductive, and very
strong.  Use nylon screws through the edges of your plexi discs to hold
things together.  IMHO, the only metal that should be in your secondary
is the wire winding itself and the toroid.

HTH,

Dave G2-1170

<Dan_Gallagher%PULSARNOTES-at-pulsartech-dot-com>