Re: Variable Capacitance and Inductance

Tesla list wrote:

> This is a good suggestion.  I have also planned a similar experiment where a
> capacitor and inductor would be stored in evacuated jars and measured for a
> period of time.  This would eliminate the humidity and temperature factors.
>
> Dave

	Some precision capacitance standards are sealed in a vacuum for just
that reason.  Of course, they are designed that way to get the desired
stability independent of environmental effects.  Vacuum capacitors are
commonly used for high-voltage applications, and are very common in
high-power aircraft radio transmitters where the altitude variation is
much more than what Dr. T had.  They have no drift problems at all.

Ed