Re: Variable Capacitance and Inductance

> It reminds me of my ninth grade science teacher... We came to an experiment
> in our manual where a ping pong ball was placed in an upside down funnel and
> we had to blow into the funnel while releasing the ball.  The teacher said
> there was no point in doing the experiment since it was obvious the ball
> would simply fall to the floor.  Being of an inquisitive mind, I suggested
> we do the experiment anyway.  The teacher rose his voice in arrogance and
> tried to make a mockery of me in front of the class and had me stand in
> front of everybody while I did the experiment.  To his surprise, the ball
> stayed in the funnel due to eddy currents of air.  And I was able to make a
> snide remark that made his face turn red.

	We have all had teachers like that.  Mine found out
	the hard way that some of us knew more about van de
	Graaf generators than he did.

> We should all have questioning minds, but we must all have respect for
> others at the same time.  If one of the brightest minds in human history
> said capacitance and inductance were variable, we had better prove him wrong
> with data and not blow his research away with uninformed opinions.

	And many of the best and the brightest SINCE THEN,
	or, rather, the best and the brightest who have chosen to
	practice electrical and electronic engineering, have
	repeated the experiments.  Over and over.  And gotten better
	and better understanding.  Entire books are filled with
	the results of these tests.  The 'uniformed opinions'
	are those of a century of people, who brought us television,
	radio, pictures from Mars, Jupiter, etc.

	best
	dwp