RE: triggerd spark gap??

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

Hello Josh & Coilers,

Having built both a rotary gap and a triggered gap I can attest to the
fact that the triggered gap was a LOT simpler to build, as several of
the others on the list have also told you.

I based mine on Gary Lau's VORTEX GAP, and simply added the trigger
electrode to convert it to an STSG.  Check his web site for details
on the construction and the pupman archieves for the actual circuit
used for the triggering.

My main electrodes are made from 1/2 inch copper water pipe, and are
cooled by the pressurised air within the gap chamber escaping through
them.  This combines quenching with cooling and works very well with
my 1500 watt coil.

73, Weazle

>Original poster: "J Dow by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><jdowphotography-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
>Hello all
>My name is Josh I'm 24, a fellow coil builder in Boston and a member
>of the tesla-2 list.  I've been making coils for about 2 years now.
>I am looking onto making my first TSG (Triggered Spark Gap).
>It looks easy enough to construct and operate. I've been reading
>lots of list posts and web pages and I believe I can start
>construction.

J.B. Weazle McCreath, VE3EAR      Web:    http://www.solwind.on.ca
c/o Solwind Enerco Inc.,          E-mail: weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca
36620 Saltford Road,              Home:   (519) 524-7420
Aerial Acres, R.R. 4,             Work:   (519) 524-8703
Goderich, On., N7A 3Y1            Fax:    (519) 524-6108