NST SGFP & safety gap

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <MrViper82-at-aol-dot-com>

Hey All,

This morning I visited a sign shop and got a used 15/60 nst for $15.  On the
case it has a label reading "TO RESET SGFP TURN POWER OFF FOR 1 SEC. AND THEN
ON."  What exactly does this mean and will it be a problem in a TC system
(for some reason I have a feeling it will be).

Also, I am starting to make my safety gaps for my nst's.  I've read a lot of
different things about this so I just want to make sure I do it right.  Each
HV leg goes to a bolt of some sort with the sec. mid-point ground in the
middle, right.  Now, the gaps for each side of the secondary need to be
adjusted just beyond breakdown with NOTHING connected, right.  What do I
ground the mid-point grounds to.  This is the part I'm not sure about. Do you
connect it the the RF earth ground (same ground as the bottom of the
secondary coil) because I'm sure you don't connect it the the house ground.

If I'm wrong about something, please let me know.  I greatly appreciate
everyone's help.
Lance