Re: oil dielectric

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Xyme3-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 05/18/2002 10:16:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>     I'd hate to lose anyone to fire...
>
>     best
>     dwp

  dwp,
     Not to worry, i will do about 2-4 years research before i attempt anything
with high voltage. I also think i would submit my plans for approval to list
members, prior to building. I  think i prefer water cooled coils, but need to
look into the + and - of the situation. I might also suggest that the addition
of borates to oil (if you can get them to mix) would prevent fires. I will
attempt to try that with a small quanitity, and then light fire to it.
Paul
Seems like borates are used in electrolitic capacitors if my memory serves.