Re: NST Variations

Original poster: "Dale Nassar by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dnassar-at-i-55-dot-com>

I have found the same type of variation on dozens of NST's.  I don't have
an instrument to directly measure the high voltage 60Hz output (I plan to
build a HV rectifier and filter and get it from the peak DC with a HV
probe, however.)  BUT...I have found that this variation has, in no way
(for my units at least), had any adverse effect in phasing and paralleling
units for increased output current--in fact, they 'act' like the voltages
exactly match--every time--maybe I just got real lucky so far??

BTW, I have found that when removing shunts for increasing output secondary
current, that the NST's tend to sometimes hum really loud at 60Hz.

THE SOLUTION: I pot the (de-tarred) NST's in paraffin and the problems all
disappear.
...thought some NST coilers might find this helpful.
-dale nassar