RE: Current in the Coil - was oil dielectric

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rob-at-pythonemproject-dot-com>

Somewhere at home I have a paper describing an old X-ray machine at UC-SF
medical school.  This was in the 1930's I believe.  They used a coil made
out of double walled copper tubing that resonated at 7Mhz.  The double
jacket allowed for water cooling inside of an evacuated enclosure. With
250kW power in, they got 1MeV X-rays.  The top of the coil was the anode, I
think.  It ran push pull with a primary coil and used two gigantic triodes.
 Those were the days!

Rob.