Re: Abbreviations/Accronyms

>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><Dan_Gallagher%PULSARNOTES-at-pulsartech-dot-com>
>
>Hey fellow spark enthusiasts,

Greetings from the Geeks

>I'm trying to follow along but as a newbie I don't know what the heck all
>these accronyms mean. Once in a while could you guys spell things out?
>
>Like, what is LTR, SQRT, BPS?

No problem, Larger Than Resonant (it's a cap size thing), Square Root, and
Breaks (sometimes Beats) Per Second (rate at which a rotary or triggered gap
fires, usually a multiple of the line frequency, 120 is common).

>Plus how critical is it that a SW (accronym) bucket cap use a NEW bucket
>vs. a used cleaned out bucket that had plaster in it? I guess new lids
>would seal better rather than the lids that got "curled" from removal.

Exactly :) and buckets are cheap. You can use an old one (you can use an
aquarium or bathtub if you REALLY wanna), just make sure it's clean.

>Your input is invaluable to me. It is because of you all and this list that
>I'm even able to THINK about making something I've only DREAMED about
>before. THANKS, I can't wait to start building.

Just wait until your First Light :)

>I am getting so close to assembly I can taste it. All I need is to get the
>NST protection circuit parts (Thanks Terry) from Digikey and I can start
>putting it all together.
>
>Thanks for all the info folks.
>

>Dan
>Ft. Lauderdale