Re: Weird Secondary

> If size is proportional with winding spacing, a
> typically sized up large TC secondary can employ
> larger gauges of wire, where here I am investigating
> 280 turns of 14 gauge on 20 inch diameter sonotube.
> The fifth root formula gives 222,000 hz for these
> parameters  of 1500 ft/9 turns per inch for those in
> habit of using those obsure estimations..
> http://groups.yahoo-dot-com/group/teslafy/message/13
> During these discussions made long ago, I started to
> learn the complications of a secondary resonant
> frequency, how it deviates from quarter wavelength
> stuff;

> You will find in every case that the coil resonates at

> a higher frequency than the same length length of wire

>strung out as a monopole would. Always.

	Indeed.

	This has been covered in standard antenna texts
	for decades.  There has been some discussion
	here of what needs study.  Perhaps applying
	existing knowledge from other areas of electrical
	engineering would save time, effort and speed
	progress.

	This is NOT to say that all comments from existing
	engineering/engineers can be, or should be, taken
	as 'the rule', however thoughtful examination
	of the details (as opposed to oversimplified
	versions) will commonly be productive.

	best
	dwp