Re: Inter-Secondary Arcs

In a message dated 5/12/02 12:19:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> I've successfully stopped the secondary to primary arcing in my coil, but I
> still have the problem of inter-secondary arcs.  I've noticed that some
> hotspots where some of the arcing has occurred previously.

Matt,

If the secondary wire is burned at spots, this may let it arc
easier than normal.  Sometimes you can clean off the carbon
and put hot glue or vaseline over the spot to fix it.  The coil
may still be coupled too tightly.  Or the coil may be overpowered,
or mistuned.

Cheers,
John