Re: 3 Phase power supply...

Original poster: "Dave Larkin by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <teslaman15-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>Hello Dave,
>                     As you say, more efficient; however it would seem to
>me
>that a 3tank configuration, would result in a much higher frequency
>'composite wave-form' on the secondary.

I can't see how.  If what you mean by 'higher freq. composite waveform' is a
higher break rate, 6 firings per cycle of the mains, that one would be
forced to adopt using the 3 caps/gaps config.  One can in fact run much
higher break rates using a DC system, however high break rates tend to yield
very poor efficiencies, so people tend to stick in the region 100-300pps.

>Has anyone determined the exact relationship between freq. & spark length?

Yes.  As the frequency gets higher the sparks get shorter, due to increased
losses.

Dave

>Safe coiling, Albert

msnip...