RE: Grim Safety Reminder

Original poster: "Ben McMillen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <spoonman534-at-yahoo-dot-com>

  I believe I've seen something similar... I was driving
back from Vermont down interstate 90, about 25 miles east
of Buffalo.. it was about 10:30 at night and a really bad
storm was blowing in from the west.. it had started to rain
violently and the gusts of wind were blowing the car off
the road.. squinting into the distance, I saw the sky light
up brilliant blue.. I thought it was lightning at first,
but then it happened several more times and I realized that
it was much to bright to be lightning.. I could barely make
out a large arc about 2 miles away.. then it stopped.. I
kept driving, and passed the spot where I had seen the
flash.. it looked to be a substation.. just as I passed, I
looked in the rear view mirror to change lanes and it arced
again.. the arc was a good 10 feet long and brilliant
white.. so bright that my eyes burned a little.. it was
truly spectacular.. it brouught to mind a grave respect for
everything TC related that I do..

Coiling In Pittsburgh
Ben McMillen