Re: hi im bill and a nfg. just know learning

The usual way to measure output voltage on a HV transformer is one of two
approaches:

1) Put a low voltage in (use a transformer to get the voltage down around
1-2 volts... AC electric train transformer might work, so might a suitable
"filament" transformer.

2) Apply 110V to the HV winding...

Make SURE that it's really a HV transformer and not a high power low
current transformer.