Re: Phenolic Supplier question.

In a message dated 5/8/02 7:19:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

>   Do any of you have a more economical solution or resource?
> I will not risk safety so if I need to pay those prices I will. I'm just
> checking to see if there is an alternative.
>

> Vince
> Vince

,

I often use 3/8" thick Lexan as rotary discs.  This material is
very strong but has a low melting point.  I've used it for coils
up to 1500 watts, but others have used it at much higher
power levels.   Sometimes it can be obtained cheaply by
going to a plastics distributer and asking if they have any
scraps, rather than asking them to cut it to a particular size.

I think phenolic can be obtained more cheaply than the
price you mentioned.

Cheers,
John