From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 7:11 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Questions on Coil performance

Original poster: "Andy Cobaugh by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kb3ewy-at-rcn-dot-com>

Greg,
I am using a RQ style gap with gap spacing at about 1/8" per gap.  At
the
time, I had 5 total gaps for a total gap spacing of about 1/2".
Yesterday I
rebuilt the base of the coil and mounted the transformer and safety gap,
and
upon removal of the main gap I noticed that the outer two gaps were not
gaps
at all.  The one had bits of metal between it, I guess from erosion of
the
pipes, and the other gap was touching.  I guess it got worse as time
went
on, and I forgot to plug in the blower for one of the runs so I'm sure
that
didn't help.
Here is the spark gap, it is the second one down the page:
http://users.rcn-dot-com/tcobaugh/andy/sparkgap.htm

Andy, KB3EWY
http://users.rcn-dot-com/tcobaugh/andy/tesla.htm