Re: Hot Melt (Re: magnetically quenched gaps)

I heat them on my kitchen stove and pop the frame and pole piece off with a
screwdriver as soon as hot enough then I take them off the heat. They are N
pole on one flat side and s pole on the other flat side. when you put them
around your SG the lines of force are at right angles to the current flow.
     Robert  H