Re: Directions for tesla coil research

In a message dated 5/5/02 6:24:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

Malcolm, Paul, all,

An interesting test would be to increase the topload C, but
keep the ROC the same, or even reduce it, and see what
happens.  In all the tests I did, I increased the ROC along with
the increased topload C.  In these tests, I found a range of
toroid sizes which gave the same spark length.  At the low
side of the range, the sparks were thin and active.  At the
high edge of the C and ROC range, the sparks were thicker,
but seemed somehow "sluggish".

Cheers,
John