Re: Keeping up with the theory (was is Corum and Corumforbidden topic?)

> I am intrigued by your statement regarding Maxwell's equations.  Do you
> think
> they are amenable to numerical analysis?  That should make them programmable
> on the average desk top.  Can I volunteer you for the project or would you
> prefer working on the spark gap?  Me?  I don't have the skills.
>
> Best
>
> Ray

	There are many different commercial programs which let you put in all
of the boundary conditions and then solve for whatever you want -
electric fields, magnetic fields, current flows, etc.  Some are pretty
expensive.  I suspect there are some free ones too, but have never
looked for them.  There are other modern analytical tools which
accomplish similar results.  I'm not aware of any that can handle such
non-linear programs as spark gap breakdown, but there may well be.

Ed