Re: Keeping up with the theory (was is Corum and Corumforbidden topic?)

Original poster: "rob by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rob-at-pythonemproject-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Ray von Postel by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <vonpostel-at-prodigy-dot-net>

> Terry:
> I agree that the equations and programs being used give practical values,
> but as far as I know they are derived by curve fitting or some other
> method of approximation.

snip

I'm big on EM simulations now since its become my hobby.  But at work, I
naturally rely on intuition and bench experiments.  If that doesn't
work, then I fall back to Agilent ADS or something similar.  I was just
very curious about how EM simulators worked.  Now I'm sucked in to it.
Its a natural marraige of programming and electronics.  I've been really
hoping my web site would get more hams and experimenters interested in
it.  You really need a knowledge of vector calculus to get deep into it,
but in numerical methods, a lot of the esoteric stuff from math class
turns into addition, multiplication, and other simple formulas, so its
not that bad.  FDTD is a perfect example.

Rob.

--
The Numeric Python EM Project

www.pythonemproject-dot-com