Safety Gap scare

Original poster: "Vince D'Amore by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-teslafx-dot-com>

Hello People,

  I was running my coil tonight and about 30 seconds in my safety gaps
started to fire like crazy.
Being a new coiler this was the first time I had experienced this. Along
with the gaps firing
I heard a slight sizzling sound coming from what I thought was either the
cap or my dual nst power supply. On investigation I noticed that what had
happened is somehow something got
out of adjustment with my safety gaps and they were firing against the case
of the nst and the
sizzling was the paint burning away from the casing.
  After readjusting the gaps all was well once again.

Vince