Verify capacitance

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jim-at-jlproduction-dot-com>

Hi all,
I was wondering if someone could clue me into how to verify capacitance
of any given capacitor. This is the Mfd rating correct?
I have read many a page referring to some pretty specific numbers and
was wondering how people
came up with these. Also, I would like to check my dual capacitor set up
and compare it’s real value
to it calculated one.
I have a digital multimeter available to use, but that’s about it
equipment wise. How would I go about this?

Another thing I was wondering is how long a bucket cap has to "settle"
before it can be used? Also, can seawater be used as opposed to making
your own salt solution? Would this be more or less concentrated than
home made salt water? I live on the Atlantic seacoast and the water
seems pretty dang salty to me!!

Thanks,
Jim
http://www.jlproduction-dot-com/Tesla.html