Re: Richard's mama can whip yo mama

Original poster: "Mr Gregory Peters by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <s371034-at-student.uq.edu.au>

John,

Looks like I owe you an apology. I had this post from Richard Hull stuck
in my mind. It's easy to get mixed up after reading so many of the
archives :(

"John has shown no real advantage exists in the synchronous system over
say a normal fully controlled variable speed rotary.  This is based on
actual tests with working coil systems, where a like non-synchronous gap
is swapped out after the synchronous gap is run.  The synchronous system
has a very distinct spark pattern and can be recognized instantly at
sight by the adroit coiler.

I am not a booster for synchronous systems, but it sounds like a few of
you might be.  I hope this info is of some value.  John Freau like
myself, tends to use the non-synchronous gap most often in his medium
sized magnifier systems."

So, no, I am now not 100% sure that RH did any tests with sync gaps? Man
I feel stupid!

Greg Peters
Department of Earth Sciences,
University of Queensland, Australia