Re: Filament voltages

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Your filament transformer should develop 10vac
open-circuit. For example a 120V:10V transformer would
be just fine. Yes, the voltage will drop a bit under
load, but 10A across the filament is the important
part. BTW, I used an old MOT to make a filament xfmer
for an 833A. I used a hacksaw to remove the secondary
coil, leaving the 120v primary intact. I wound it with
10AWG stranded until I got 10vac output. I think I had
about 12 turns. I used regular THHN wire and bound it
in place with cable ties. It can light up an 833A all
day without even breaking a sweat.

Cheers,

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg