Re: Endless diodes

Shorten them.. for mechanical convenience... I make them about 1/4" to 1/2"
long, and lay them side by side

Building a little jig to hold the two diodes makes life much much easier.
A couple springy clips glued to a piece of anything rigid works real nice.
That stiff but flexible foam they use (instead of styrofoam) for packing
material works real well (foamed polyethylene? it is slippery..). You just
cut a couple of slightly undersize notches with an X-acto knife.  If the
foam melts (because you were slow or poor aim), cut a couple new notches..
Balsa wood would also work...