From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 8:15 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Plexiglass

Original poster: "sundog by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<sundog-at-timeship-dot-net>

Hi All,

  I've used both polycarbonate and acrylic, and the arcylic machines *much*
easier than the polycarbonate in most cases.  The acrylic usually makes
clean cuts and smooth swarf, whereas the polycarbonate was prone to
chipping badly and breaking off in little bits instead of
cutting.  Drilling the polycarbonate was also a pain in the butt, as I had
bad problems of it cracking outwards from the hole as the drill punched
through the backside, even when drilling slow.  I may have had crap
polycarb, so I can't say that all does that, but I had 3 different
thicknesses do the same thing.

  Hope it helps!

At 12:26 PM 3/22/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>
>
>Tesla list wrote:
> >
> > Original poster: "Mike Osborne by way of Terry Fritz
><twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mikeosborne-at-prodigy-dot-net>
> >
> > Ben:  Have you looked under "Lexan".  I think it's the same thing as
> > plexiglass.
> > Regards,  Mike Osborne
>
>         As others have pointed out, Lexan is polycarbonate and not
acrylic.
>Tougher by far than acrylic, but in my experience somewhat messier to
>work with.
>
>Ed

Shad (Sundog)
G-2 #1203
"Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?"