Moderator note: - RE: TO ALL PLEASE READ

Hi All,

Well, I guess Tom got more answers than he ever expected on this one :-))

Copyright law as it applies to the Internet is "interesting", to say the
least :o))

An issue we will not solve here...  But a good topic for Tom to bring up in
class tomorrow!

Although this thought has crossed the minds of most of use with web pages,
I guess we have all determined our own "law".  From "Don't link to my HTML
page on the Internet without paying me $100,000" to "Please! Please!
Wildly steal and plagiarize all my stuff" (that was 'me'...  Yeah! someone
found something on my site worth stealing!!!  :o)))...

Of course, in the USA, only real judges, in real courtrooms, in real
litigation, in their own jurisdictions, determine law,,, until the
appeal...  After all the time I have spent in courtrooms, I must admit, it
is all a pretty goofy "business"...  No one ever "wins"...  Even the
attorneys that get paid "no matter what", only work themselves to an early
grave...

I think Jim summed it up best when he said:

"I, personally, think that one should strive for what's ethical...." (a
quote stolen without permission :o)))

Because, if you strive for what is "legal", you are doomed...  "I" think
one's "desire" to sue is the reciprocal of the time one "actually spends"
in a courtroom...

So I will end this thread since we are not going to ever get an answer on
this one.

Cheers,

	Terry