RE: Mutual Inductance & K Factor

Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>

Bart -

Just finished checking the K factors for Kurt Schraner's BW coil of
11/24/01.
Pos = Secondary above Primary in inches.
Mark = Mark Rzeszotarski's MandKver31 program. Thank you Mark.

    Pos     Mark     Java     JHCTES
                     (Acmi?)

     0      .1609    .1552     .137
     1      .1458    .1459     .127
     2      .1314    .1370     .118
     3      .1182    .1287     .111
     4      .1061    .1207     .103
     5      .0954    .1132     .097
     6      .0858    .1060     .091

This is a large secondary coil 15.8" dia x 70" long. It is interesting that
the program outputs come closer together as the coil is raised and the K
Factors become smaller. As I said all the program outputs will be equal at K
= zero. We must be doing something right. (:})

The data is entered in Java with password "Kurt1".
I couldn't find if Kurt made any K Factor test using the mutual inductance
test or the frequency test.

John Couture