Re: 2 transformers?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Kidd6488-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 3/17/02 5:48:15 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> i have a question, probally a stupid one, say you had 2 15kv nst's. If you
> hooked the first on up like you would normaly, but then took the output of
> the
> first one and put it as the input of the second one, would you get 30kv out?
>
> -thanks
> Adam

Well, actually a 15kV NST has a voltage ratio of 125:1 so  15kV * 125 = 1875kV.
But the thing is, I don't know of any brand of NST that has primary insulation
of 15kV or secondary insulation of 1875kV.

So the answer is, yes it would work, but for less than a second...

Keep thinking!
Jonathon Reinhart
hot-streamer-dot-com/jonathon