Re: single phase motor wiring

Cloths dryer motors are usualy not reversing two or three wire . The 3 wire
are 2 speed.(less common). If you can not tell whisc wite is what puta lamp
in series and test it . The lamp will run a test, but will limit the current
so you dont burn anything. Usualy the white is common so you start from
there.Some have a terminal block with other connections to confuse the issue
   Robert  H