Re: Potting Diode Strings

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Goinbonkers-at-aol-dot-com>

It was used for years to pot home made capacitors etc.  has similar properties
to polyethylene as far a dielectric strength and constant.   I had a bank of
capacitors made from some transmitter caps that had the problem of arcing at
full voltage(about one inch between the bus plates) so I potted the bank in
parafin.   It worked well for about a year, but eventually carbon tracked.
was easy to pot and un-pot though.  It should work well for a diode string.
Mike