Re: Flat Spiral Winding Techniques

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 10:23 AM 17/03/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Original poster: "rheidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<rheidlebaugh-at-zialink-dot-com>

>Dave: I use fiber glass resin to coat all my coils. I can have a coil ready
>for use the next day.I suggest this on the net and get no responce.You are
>using urethane and take days. Can you tell me what advantage your coating
>has ? I would like some feedback. I may never change, but I would like to
>hear some responce.
>
>Thanks
>Robert  H

Hi Robert,

I second the fiberglass resin!  Works great, drys fast, and only one
coat is needed!!  Like you, I can't understand why everyone wants to
bother with urethane or others that need multiple coats which are a
real pain, not to mention time consuming!  I use the West System
with their pump dispensers...no mess to clean up!!

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL
G-1#1214

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca